Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Track Day

Well this afternoon has come and gone. The following are my results.

800m warmup
Stretched
Timed Mile
1st Lap: 1:18    Heart Rate: 167 BPM
2nd Lap: 1:29  Heart Rate: 186 BMP
3rd Lap: 1:35   Heart Rate: 189 BMP
4th Lap: 1:35   Heart Rate: 191 BMP
Overall time:  5:58
Finished off with a mile cool down
Total milage for the day: 2.5 miles
Total for the week: 2.5 miles
Total for the year: 2.5 miles

Needless to say you can easily see that my first lap was way too fast.  My heart rate shot up and my times slowed down.  I think if I had run that about 10 seconds slower I would have been able to run the last 2 laps about 7 seconds faster each.  Overall 4 seconds faster: 5:54.  Not bad for the first day on the track.  Ideally, I need to be at 5:45.  

So for the next blog I'll do some calculations and see where my training plan takes me.  All I know is today Momma probably has Zumba, so I'll take my son for a easy 3 miler.  More to come.  Until then, keep kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment