Monday, April 20, 2009

This is why I do what I do

Well first let me state that this video above has nothing to do with this blog.  However, I've been wanting to find this video for a long time and finally found it.  So watch it, enjoy, realize that when people don't listen to people like me there is the potential to lose 50 million in a single swoop.  And yes, I was on the ship when this happened. 

But I guess let me begin.  I am doing this for 4 reasons. 1) Because I want to try and reach my goal of getting into the a fast as I possibly can for my age.  Not that I am old or anything, but I want to get fast.  I know this will take lots of time.  2) Because I figured that this would be a good way to keep track of my runs.  Everything I've read says I should keep a log.  Well that's great for when you have the time to break out the log book, write everything down, and then remember the logs when you move. Needless to say I am too lazy and have enough stuff cluttering up my life.  3) Because it will also allow me to keep in touch with all my friends who are on my Facebook, but I simply don't check as often as I should.  4) Finally, because as I eluded to earlier I am a bit lazy and when I have my friends and family giving me a hard time about doing something, well I tend to get it done.

So now what do you need to do.  WELL...bust my chops when you think I am slacking, give praise or encouragement when you feel necessary, and just enjoy hearing from someone who thinks about all of you at some point during his runs.  Who knows maybe this will inspire you get out and run.  Whatever the case I hope that we can help each other through doing this.  

My next post this afternoon will include what I did today, what my goals are, and how I think I am going to get there.  I'll include pictures and videos, maybe music if I can, that I find interesting or that I take during this journey.  I don't think there will be a time limit for this, ie I am training to for just this year, so it may change as the years go on.  I hope that everyone who starts on this journey with me, is there to see it evolve.  Until this afternoon, I am off to read, get a haircut, and think about where I last put an important folder that is driving me nuts that I can't find.  Maybe I'll remember on a run.  Until then keep kicking.

2 comments:

  1. So I am totally imagining you in a suit like the guy (louden) in the movie Vision Quest.... hehehehe it's an 80's movie if you don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired. When you were younger the mind could make you dance all night, and the body was never tired...You've always got to make the mind take over and keep going."
    - George S. Patton, U.S. Army General and 1912 Olympian
    Way to start something baby.

    ReplyDelete