Friday, July 3, 2009

Here's a second go at this

You know somehow I am going to get this I suppose that I can say that this is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Next week I start school again and after a slightly disappointing first quarter I am looking forward to trying to make this next quarter better than the last. We move into our "new" home next week. It will be painted by yours truely and hopefully we will enjoy it more than our current residence. Saving almost $1100 a month won't be bad either. Speaking of saving, my last signature loan payment is made this month. And finally and probably most important the new addition to the family will be here, supposedly on the 23rd.

So where does this leave me? Trying to figure out what my goals are, where my fitness level is and how do I keep everything going for the long haul.

First things first. Goals!

I want to compete in the Pacific Grove Triathlon (Olympic Distance) and beat Frank more importantly. LOL.

I want to lower my 5K time into the 19 minutes. Get my 10K time into the 44 minutes.

I want to work on my swim form and breathing especially in the tired portion of my swimming. I want to really nail my breathing to better than every other stroke, and remember to exhale, but I think that will come after I get my form down.

I want to define training seasons and rest seasons.

I want to keep my passion for competition and keeping in shape from here on forth.

Second

My fitness level well maybe more on that later. Yesterday sucked as I had some sort of stomach bug and it put a hurting on me. We'll see what kind of toll it takes on my race next weekend.

Third

What sort of time do I have to train?

Well let's look at the week.
Monday - Bike to and from work 13 miles
Swim and run at Triathlon Camp
Tuesday - Bike to and from work 13 miles
Plyometrics/Gym work during hour break
Tri-plan has Brick (Bike 45min 70-80% Max/Run 15-30 min)
*What's my school work load?
*Can I do this at the end of the day?
Wednesday - Bike to and from work 13 miles
Swim and bike a Triathlon camp
Thursday - Bike to and from school 13 miles
Bike (80-85%)
Friday - Off
Plyometrics/Gym work
Open ocean swim?
Saturday - Bike (60 min 70-80%)
Sunday - Run (30-45 min easy)
Plyometrics/Gym work
*Can I do anything between classes without being burned out?

The big thing is going to be how do I feel as the week progresses and my fitness level progress. The next is simply managing my time so that I am well rested for the day, have time to train and time to be at home and help with things at home especially with the new baby.

So with the closing of this blog, starts a new beginning.

I have a race tomorrow and while I will keep from going 100% race effort, I will go at a very comfortable hard pace, with my heart monitor and try to nail paces.

That's all for now until next time, just keep kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment